perl-dev mailing list archives

From "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@ectoplasm.org>
Subject Re: <Perl>, PerlModule, PerlRequire in .htaccess
Date Sat, 07 Aug 2004 00:11:51 GMT
Stas Bekman wrote:

> Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:
>
>> I am looking at pending issues in todo/release, and I came upon this
>> issue
>>
>> Right now, <Perl> PerlModule PerlRequire can _only_ be used in Global
>> configuration and server scope. No <Location>, htacceess, etc.
>>
>> The orignial conversation about this is here :
>> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=105370088700001&r=1&w=2
>>
>> I'd like to quote Stas from the last e-mail in the thread:
>>
>> "However doing this via proposed MP_CMD_DIR_TAKE1 doesn't seem right.
>> We need  to add .htaccess, but not change the SRV directives to DIR."
>>
>> I agree with him, .htaccess support makes sense, and would mean
>> re-executing
>> that operation for each request, IMO.
>>
>> So if you PerlRequire /foo/bar.pl in some .htaccess, it will get
>> required on each
>> request, same for <Perl> sections.
>>
>> The question I have for all, is how can we make a directive support
>> .htaccess without
>> also allowing it in blocks. AFAIK, the httpd API only allows OR_ALL
>> for this and
>> it's both .htaccess and blocks.
>

> How was this done in mp1?

Just found out there is a way to tell them apart (from mp1).
cmd_param->path is NULL unless
you are in .htaccess context.

So, the way to fix this would be to change the wanted directives to
OR_ALL and create a macro
to slap at the beginning of each of them that check for param->path !=
null or bombs out. Working
on it.