perl-dev mailing list archives

From "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@ectoplasm.org>
Subject <Perl>, PerlModule, PerlRequire in .htaccess
Date Fri, 06 Aug 2004 23:09:21 GMT
I am looking at pending issues in todo/release, and I came upon this issue

Right now, <Perl> PerlModule PerlRequire can _only_ be used in Global
configuration and server scope. No <Location>, htacceess, etc.

The orignial conversation about this is here :

I'd like to quote Stas from the last e-mail in the thread:

"However doing this via proposed MP_CMD_DIR_TAKE1 doesn't seem right.
We need  to add .htaccess, but not change the SRV directives to DIR."

I agree with him, .htaccess support makes sense, and would mean re-executing
that operation for each request, IMO.

So if you PerlRequire /foo/bar.pl in some .htaccess, it will get
required on each
request, same for <Perl> sections.

The question I have for all, is how can we make a directive support
.htaccess without
also allowing it in blocks. AFAIK, the httpd API only allows OR_ALL for
this and
it's both .htaccess and blocks.

Thoughts ?