perl-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: APR_FIND_APR
Date Fri, 06 Aug 2004 15:33:16 GMT
moving this particular thread to dev@perl...

> mod_perl-2 should be getting the ap[ru] config script's
> name/location from httpd (ie apxs).  Like apreq, modperl's
> apr ABI is subordinate to httpd, so asking apxs for the name
> of the ap[ru] script it used is IMO the safest solution.

is this really true?  I would have thought that for all the work that was
being done to make the APR:: classes run outside of mod_perl the next
logical step would be to not rely on people getting APR from httpd at all.
but I haven't been really paying attention to the APR work lately
(unfortunately).

so yes, getting the info from apxs is easiest, especially now that I see
apxs in 2.1 supports an AP(R|U)_VERSION query, so we can dig out the script
name ourselves.  but I would have thought we would want a solution that
works outside of apxs (eventually, anyway :)

--Geoff