perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject [mp2] problems when MP_AP_PREFIX is used
Date Fri, 06 Aug 2004 00:50:46 GMT
we have a problem with the case when MP_AP_PREFIX and no MP_APXS is
used. In such case post-modperl install, it's not possible to figure out
things like modperl include dir and others, which otherwise available
via apxs -q (.e.g apxs -q INCLUDEDIR). Observe the recent report on the
users list, Apache::VMonitor can't be built because it triggers some
code that looks for (apxs -q INCLUDEDIR). I think things should work
fine as long MP_AP_PREFIX is the target where Apache is installed plus
using all-under-one-dir scheme. If MP_AP_PREFIX points to the source or
if Apache install files are spread all over, it won't work.

Moreover it's used in the static build, which requires no APXS option.

I think we need to figure out how to set the path to APXS in
Apache::Build, for post-install use.