perl-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: apr core dumps with 2.1
Date Fri, 06 Aug 2004 00:12:43 GMT

> Are you sure that httpd_version_as_int is the right method to decide
> which apr is used?

nope, and now that you mention it, it certainly assumes you got apr from httpd.

> Is there a better way?

I can't think of one, but I obviously don't have my apr chops lately.  but
you're right, we should make it apr-specific and not httpd-specific if at
all possible.

> +1,
>
> but after you commit we need to refactor the obvious dups (4 in your
> patch):

ok, commit first then refactor.

> into one place, preferrably in Apache::Build, e.g. so that they are
> callable as:
>
> $build->apr_util
> $build->apu_util

$build->apr_config and $build->apu_config?  that is, if the call is supposed
to return the path to tbe binary.

> If you don't have the time, commit your patch and I'll refactor it next.
> I want to do some extra refactoring on the libs stuff.

if you have a clear picture of what you want the refactoring to look like,
I'll just let you handle it after we get it working again.  if you don't
care, I'll give it a whirl.

--Geoff