perl-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject apr core dumps with 2.1
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2004 18:45:46 GMT
hi...

the mod_perl tests currently dump core dump with httpd 2.1/APR 1.0.  I spent
the better part of the morning trying to figure out why, but I can't quite
see it.

the first failing test is t/apr-ext/bucket.t which gives the below output.
the core dump yields nothing useful (just a bunch of  0x00a9411b in ?? lines
in the backtrace).

some debugging makes me think that apr_off_t is the issue - when I print
bucket->length from modperl_bucket_sv_make (after the code sets
bucket->type) I get the second entry in modperl_bucket_sv_type (currently 4,
but whatever I set it to).  so my guess is that the size of some struct is
being miscalculated someplace, but I'll be darned if I can see where.

anyway, I suppose this isn't really an httpd 2.1 issue - since APR 1.0
candidates are floating around we should probably make sure we support it
(eventually).

--Geoff

t/apr-ext/bucket....1..11
# Running under perl version 5.008005 for linux
# Current time local: Thu Aug  5 08:35:47 2004
# Current time GMT:   Thu Aug  5 15:35:47 2004
# Using Test.pm version 1.25
# Using Apache/Test.pm version 1.13
# $b is defined
ok 1
# $b ISA APR::Bucket object
ok 2
# testing : type
# expected: mod_perl SV bucket
# received: mod_perl SV bucket
ok 3
# testing : modperl b->length
# expected: 6
# received: 0
not ok 4
# Failed test 4 in /src/mod_perl-2.0/t/lib/TestAPRlib/bucket.pm at line 34
dubious
        Test returned status 0 (wstat 139, 0x8b)
        test program seems to have generated a core