perl-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: current test failures
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2004 17:42:02 GMT

Stas Bekman wrote:
> Geoffrey Young wrote:
>
>> I haven't run my nightly builds in a while, but I get the following
>> failures
>> against 2.0.46 at the moment:
>>
>> t/apr-ext/table.........................ok
>> 42/52/perl/perl-5.8.4/bin/perl:
>> relocation error:
>> /src/mod_perl-2.0/blib/arch/Apache2/auto/APR/Table/Table.so: undefined
>> symbol: apr_table_compress
>

> That sounds familiar. We provide the backcompat layer for that function,
> remember? I think you added it. :)

yes, I remember.  IIRC it is in modperl_apache_compat, but only so that I
can use apr_table_compress in mod_perl internally.  the proper solution here
is to only support apr_table_compress in APR if APR itself supports it.  I'm
not familiar enough with what you guys are doing in the separation process
to know how to go about that.

>>  t/api/request_rec.t has a handful of failures but looks like it is
>> autogenerated, which may be the cause of the error - right now it's under
>> cvs control so it may be out of date.
>

> Yes, it's no longer autogenerated. You didn't check the output of 'cvs
> up', you had collisions which you needed to resolve by removing
> t/api/request_rec.t

yes, I saw the collisions, and I removed the file.  your other suggestion
made things work.  thanks.

--Geoff