perl-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>
Subject Re: Trying to test current apreq2 CVS
Date Sun, 04 Jul 2004 20:35:15 GMT
On Sun, 4 Jul 2004, Markus Wichitill wrote:

> > I assume that it's libapreq2.dll it can't find?
>
> Oops, sorry, I meant libapr.dll. Those names just look too similar,
> especially when they're displayed in annoying popup dialogs.

That's true :) libapr.dll would be needed, as some mod_perl
libs were compiled against it. Adding MP_AP_PREFIX/bin
to your PATH is the simplest approach to this (I'll have
to see about doing this automatically for the tests).

> > so, I think this problem would arise because Apache-Test is
> > trying to enable the mod_apreq.so module that it found in
> > your system httpd.conf, but to do so, it needs libapreq2.dll
> > available.
>
> > If that's correct, I'll have to think about how to fix this
> > generally - in the meantime, if you just want to test
> > mod_perl 2, try one of
> > - commenting out the loading of mod_apreq.so in your system
> > httpd.conf,
> > - adding a
> >     LoadFile "/Path/to/libapreq2.dll"
> > to your system httpd.conf,
> > - adding the path to libapreq2.dll to your PATH environment
> > variable.
>
> After adding the apache\bin dir to PATH, there's plenty of other test
> failures, I'll look into that tomorrow.

This was the same apache\bin that corresponded to
MP_AP_PREFIX at the 'perl Makefile.PL' stage? Can you post
the results of the failures? There is a known issue with the
t/protocol/echo_bbs2 test towards the end of 'nmake test',
but I don't have problems with the tests prior to that.
Thanks.

--
best regards,
randy