perl-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>
Subject Re: [mp2] protocol/echo_bbs2 on Win32
Date Fri, 02 Jul 2004 05:31:02 GMT
On Thu, 1 Jul 2004, Stas Bekman wrote:

> Randy Kobes wrote:
> > The t/protocol/echo_bbs2 test on Win32 causes a crash
> > (protocol/echo_bbs passes). The problem appears to be coming
> > from apr_brigade_cleanup(), called from
> > WrapXS/APR/Brigade/Brigade.xs - here's the output from the
> > debugger:
>
> Philippe has posted this a few days ago with the complete trace:

Sorry about that - I missed that. At least it's confirmation
that the problem happens elsewhere (albeit on Win32 :)

> I don't understand why it doesn't happen on my setup which
> seems to be pretty close to philippe's one. I suppose it
> just so happens that the freed memory is still valid on my
> machine, due to different compilations.
>
> The problem appears to be in Apache, where some downstream
> filter decides to free the brigade, rendering $bb->cleanup
> useless, since you can't rely on $bb to be valid at all.
> That just sucks.

For what it's worth, I don't have such a problem on my
linux machine (Apache/2.0.49 prefork, non-threaded
perl-5.4); on Win32, the problem arose on Apache/2.0.50
winnt, perl-5.4 multithreaded (ActivePerl compatible).

--
best regards,
randy