perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: [mp2] undefined symbol: load_module
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2004 17:43:53 GMT
Markus Wichitill wrote:
>>That's usually the case when you get more than one perl installed on
>>your system, and one libperl.so is found in the ldconfig path (e.g.
>>/usr/lib).
>>do 'locate libperl.so' and shows us what you come up with.
>

> $ locate libperl.so
> /usr/local/perl/lib/CORE/libperl.so
> /usr/src/perl-5.8.4/libperl.so
>
> $ locate mod_perl.so
> /usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_perl.so
> /usr/src/modperl-2.0/src/modules/perl/mod_perl.so
>
> I'm not using any parallel installations of either Perl, mod_perl or Apache,
> and the backup of Perl 5.8.3 is well hidden.

What's the nm on the libperl.so then? On my machine (linux) it's:

% nm src/modules/perl/mod_perl.so | grep load_module
000100cf T modperl_cmd_load_module
          U Perl_load_module
% nm /home/stas/perl/5.8.4/lib/5.8.4/i686-linux/CORE/libperl.so | grep
load_module
00056818 T Perl_load_module
0005684b T Perl_vload_module
00145f18 B PL_in_load_module

It might be a perl problem, show us the output of nm on libperl.so like
I did above.

Also see which .o object is src/modules/perl refers to load_module
(again using nm).