perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: [mp2] undefined symbol: load_module
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2004 08:15:45 GMT
Markus Wichitill wrote:
> I've been trying to build mod_perl 2 from CVS with Apache 2.0.50 and Perl
> 5.8.4 on Linux. With Perl 5.8.3 before it worked fine. The only manual
> configuration difference between the two Perls is that 5.8.4 has largefiles
> support disabled. When I try to make test or start Apache, the error is:
>
> waiting 300 seconds for server to start: .Syntax error on line 12 of
> /usr/src/modperl-2.0/t/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot load
> /usr/src/modperl-2.0/src/modules/perl/mod_perl.so into server:
> /usr/src/modperl-2.0/src/modules/perl/mod_perl.so: undefined symbol:
> load_module

That's usually the case when you get more than one perl installed on your
system, and one libperl.so is found in the ldconfig path (e.g. /usr/lib).

do 'locate libperl.so' and shows us what you come up with.

> BTW, is it ok to switch off line wrapping on these lists, what with all the
> code, patches and debug output? Are there still mail clients that can't do
> dynamic wrapping?

FWIW, this message wasn't wrapped and I had to manually tell the mail client
to wrap your message when doing reply to it. This is the latest mozilla-mail.
It doesn't happen with my own messages, which get wrapped automatically when I
hit reply-to.