perl-dev mailing list archives

From "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@ectoplasm.org>
Subject Re: [Patch] Prevent coredump when statically linked module tries to access ap_server_config_defines from register_hooks
Date Tue, 06 Jul 2004 23:20:12 GMT

Stas Bekman wrote:
> Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:
>

>>Stas Bekman wrote:

>>>So, should we refuse the static build for Apache < 2.0.51? Or at least
>>>print a warning (which most won't see anyway?)
>>

>>Well, knowing httpd will simply segfault otherwise, I'd say, refuse static
>>build for Apache < 2.0.51 with a loud bang.
>

> +1
>
> but that also means that currently noone can use Apache 2.0.50 or lower with
> static build. But there is nothing we can do about it.

Exactly, and since we _know_ that it will explode otherwise, I think it's
reasonable to simply bail out of the configuration if static was specified
and httpd < 2.0.50 (too bad it is an httpd problem we couldn't work around)

Anyways, I'll rework my static build patch with that in mind and resubmit something
this week.