perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: t\protocol\pseudo_http.t failure
Date Tue, 06 Jul 2004 07:44:31 GMT
Randy Kobes wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Jul 2004, Steve Hay wrote:
>

>>Stas Bekman wrote:

>>>There is an auth file that I added to
>>>t/htdocs/protocols/basic-auth. Do you think it should be
>>>generated specially on windows and therefore it's not
>>>cross-platform? Try to generate one yourself:
>>>
>>>htpasswd -bc basic-auth stas foobar
>>>
>>>overwriting the one in cvs and try the test again?
>>>

>>Yes, that's it.
>

> Here's a patch that, for Win32, will generate this file at
> the 'perl Makefile.PL' stage, and then use it in the tests.

Why can't it be generated once and committed? We should definitely not pollute
the already overcrowded Makefile.PL, to fix some minor issue with a test.

> It also changes checking for the mod_access module in this
> test to mod_auth.

Ah, good catch, but it should be both, not s/access/auth/ as Allow is coming
from mod_access. So +1 to that fix of course.
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_access.html#allow