perl-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Hay <steve....@uk.radan.com>
Subject Error with t\api\slurp_filename + t\filter\in_error?
Date Mon, 05 Jul 2004 11:24:01 GMT
Further to my "Problem running "nmake test" on Win32" posting (sorry I
can't "Reply", but I never received the message back from the list -- I
may have got unsubscribed AGAIN!) I have now reduced the failure to the
following (with the aid of t/SMOKE):

This works:
perl t/TEST -v t\filter\in_error.t t\filter\in_init_basic.t

and this works:
perl t/TEST -v t\api\slurp_filename.t

but this fails:
perl t/TEST -v t\api\slurp_filename.t t\filter\in_error.t
t\filter\in_init_basic.t

The Apache server dies after in_error, so in_init_basic fails to connect:

t\api\slurp_filename......1..5
# Running under perl version 5.008004 for MSWin32
# Current time local: Mon Jul  5 12:19:30 2004
# Current time GMT:   Mon Jul  5 11:19:30 2004
# Using Test.pm version 1.24
# testing : slurp filename untainted
# received: English: Internet
# Hebrew : ÎÉÎÖÎáÎÿοÎáÎÿ
# expected: English: Internet
# Hebrew : ÎÉÎÖÎáÎÿοÎáÎÿ
ok 1
# testing : slurp filename tainted
# received: Insecure dependency in eval while running with -T switch at
C:\Temp\modperl-2.0\t\response/TestAPI/slurp_filename.pm line 36.
# expected: (?-xism:Insecure dependency in eval)
ok 2
# testing : slurp filename untainted
# received: English: Internet
# Hebrew : ÎÉÎÖÎáÎÿοÎáÎÿ
# expected: English: Internet
# Hebrew : ÎÉÎÖÎáÎÿοÎáÎÿ
ok 3
# testing : slurp filename (perl) tainted
# received: Insecure dependency in eval while running with -T switch at
C:\Temp\modperl-2.0\t\response/TestAPI/slurp_filename.pm line 50.
# expected: (?-xism:Insecure dependency in eval)
ok 4
# testing : slurp filename (perl) untainted
# received: English: Internet
# Hebrew : ÎÉÎÖÎáÎÿοÎáÎÿ
# expected: English: Internet
# Hebrew : ÎÉÎÖÎáÎÿοÎáÎÿ
ok 5
ok
t\filter\in_error.........1..1
# Running under perl version 5.008004 for MSWin32
# Current time local: Mon Jul  5 12:19:51 2004
# Current time GMT:   Mon Jul  5 11:19:51 2004
# Using Test.pm version 1.24
# testing : an error in a filter should cause 500
# received: 500
# expected: 500
ok 1
ok
t\filter\in_init_basic....1..1
# Running under perl version 5.008004 for MSWin32
# Current time local: Mon Jul  5 12:19:53 2004
# Current time GMT:   Mon Jul  5 11:19:53 2004
# Using Test.pm version 1.24
# Failed test 1 in t\filter\in_init_basic.t at line 16
# testing : test filter init functionality
# received: 500 Can't connect to localhost:8529 (connect: Unknown error)
# expected: (?-xism:content ok
# init 1
# run [12]
# )
not ok 1
FAILED test 1

Looks like the "error in a filter" that "should cause 500" actually
causes a server crash rather than a 500 (but only after running the
slurp_filename test!)

- Steve

Radan Computational Ltd.

and intended for the addressee(s) only.  If you have received this message in error or there
are any problems, please notify the sender immediately.  The unauthorized use, disclosure,
copying or alteration of this message is strictly forbidden.  Note that any views or opinions
of Radan Computational Ltd.  The recipient(s) of this message should check it and any attached
virus transmitted by this email.