perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: [mp2] APR w/o mod_perl
Date Wed, 16 Jun 2004 18:16:56 GMT
Joe Schaefer wrote:
> Stas Bekman <stas@stason.org> writes:
>
> [...]
>

> A data point:
>
> The cgi.t test in httpd-apreq-2/glue/perl/t/apreq can be made to pass
> all its tests now.  However there were two things I needed to do to
> make that happen:
>
>   1)  Add a LIBS=> "$aprutil_libs $apr_libs" argument to the
>       ModPerl::BuildMM::WriteMakefile call in lib/ModPerl/WrapXS.pm,
>       similar to the line in httpd-apreq2/build/xsbuilder.pl.

Perhaps we need to add a special wrapper to add these flags.

Why are you using BuildMM and not MM for libapreq? BuildMM is for mod_perl
only or do you mean something else?

>   2) Expose APR::General::initialize in xs/maps/apr_functions.map
>      and call it at the top of the (generated) test_cgi.pl script.

That shouldn't be the case if you 'use APR', which does that thing already. I
was thinking to have all APR:: modules load APR.pm internally.