perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: minor type changes for debian amd64
Date Sun, 13 Jun 2004 16:05:09 GMT
Joe Schaefer wrote:
> Stas Bekman <stas@stason.org> writes:
>
> [...]
>

>>Let me know if this patch works for you (committed already, so just
>>try the cvs).
>

> It does.  Everything compiles cleanly, and the test results look
> to be the same as before.

thanks.

> What I mean by that is, with prefork the test suite runs successfully
> to completion, but with worker the t/protocol/echo_timeout.t test hangs
> (looking at `top`, a pair of httpd processes are running at full load,
> growing in size as time goes on).  I won't file a bug report yet
> because I'm using cvs HEAD everywhere (httpd-2.0, apr, mp2),

HEAD is not httpd-2.0, it's httpd-2.1. Same goes for apr. don't use HEAD, but
the tag names explained here:
http://perl.apache.org/download/source.html#Development_mod_perl_2_0_Source_Distribution

>  and
> currently httpd-2.0 fails many of its own httpd-test tests. If
> the problem persists I'll try to investigate further; just thought
> I'd mention this should it ring any bells.

Yes, someone mentioned that there are issues with 2.1, but 2.1 is not quite
officially supported at the moment.