perl-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: [mp2] get_brigade/pass_brigade will continue to return apr_status_t
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2004 17:46:05 GMT

Stas Bekman wrote:

> I feels like I'm talking to myself

well, I'm listening at least :)  I have just been incredibly busy with other
things lately.  sorry about that.

> Since we don't return anything, but rc, from the get_brigade,
> pass_brigade and fflush, I think the golden solution is to always return
> rc, but to croak if there is an error and a user didn't bother to check
> rc (i.e. calling in the void context).

that sounds like a really nice idiom for us to follow - if the user
specifically captures $rc then assume they want to handle it, but croak if
they don't even check the return code.

perl++ for letting us know stuff like that in the first place :)

--Geoff