perl-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Hay <steve....@uk.radan.com>
Subject Re: error/runtime.t hangs on Win32
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2004 09:01:42 GMT
Stas Bekman wrote:

>Randy Kobes wrote:

>>>Yup, most likely it hangs in response/TestError/runtime.pm:
>>>
>>># fails because of the timeout set earlier in the handler
>>>sub mp_error {
>>>    my $socket = shift;
>>>    $socket->recv(SIZE);
>>>}
>>>
>>>when it reads from the socket. That means that sockets timeout setting or
>>>reading is broken on windows in APR.
>>>
>>>The handler starts with:
>>>
>>>$socket->timeout_set(1);
>>>
>>>which sets the timeout to 1 micro second, ensuring that
>>>$socket->recv() should fail and return almost immediately.
>>>Well 1 microsecond later :)
>>>

>>I may have missed some of this thread, and the related
>>apr-dev discussion (we're going through a particularly nasty
>>time at work), but I found that the t/error/runtime tests
>>all pass on Win32 with
>>   $socket->timeout_set(0);
>>

>Great! I've committed that change. Thanks Randy!
>
>Any other remaining failures with the current cvs?

Thanks, Randy!  That does indeed fix it on Win32.

I now have "All tests successful" again, including ModPerl-Registry :)

- Steve

Radan Computational Ltd.

and intended for the addressee(s) only.  If you have received this message in error or there
are any problems, please notify the sender immediately.  The unauthorized use, disclosure,
copying or alteration of this message is strictly forbidden.  Note that any views or opinions
of Radan Computational Ltd.  The recipient(s) of this message should check it and any attached
virus transmitted by this email.