perl-dev mailing list archives

From "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@cpan.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: modperl-2.0/t/conf extra.last.conf.in perlsection.conf
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2004 18:45:39 GMT
On Mon, 2004-02-09 at 17:58 -0800, Stas Bekman wrote:

> >>It doesn't cleanup the files and doesn't log what it does. I see no reason why

> >>would you want to delete it. t_write_file is for the test run-time.
> >

> > I can't really call Apache::TestConfig->new from within the <Perl>
> > section, so how about I do it all myself on my own like so :
>
> right, that would be an overkill too.

Checked in with a cleaned up version of my previous patch.

> [..]
> >      $Include = $file;
> > +    END { unlink($file); };
>
> On the opposite, I think it should not be deleted. If something goes wrong and
> the file is deleted, after using its name in the error report how user is
> supposed to know where to look?

Hrm, yes, I guess so, and it does no harm to leave it there and
regenerate it on each test run.

> It's really like conf.in, but you can't use that feature, because you want to
> include it elsewhere.

yup

> Another solution is just move it somewhere under t/htdocs/ and keep the
> perlsection.conf cvs committed as you did in first place. No need to
> autogenerate things then.

Bah, I like the autogenerated stuff, since it keeps the 2 parts of the
test closely together.

> >  </Perl>

Philippe M. Chiasson /gozer\@(cpan|ectoplasm)\.org/ 88C3A5A5 (122FF51B/C634E37B)
http://gozer.ectoplasm.org/    F9BF E0C2 480E 7680 1AE5 3631 CB32 A107 88C3 A5A5
Q: It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious.
perl -e'$$=\${gozer};{$_=unpack(P7,pack(L,$$));/^JAm_pH\n$/&&print||$$++&&redo}'