perl-dev mailing list archives

From Brad Lanam <...@gentoo.com>
Subject Re: [mp2] apr-ext/uuid.t fails on solaris
Date Thu, 01 Jan 2004 17:07:10 GMT
On Wed, Dec 31, 2003 at 03:05:17PM -0800, Stas Bekman wrote:
> No, no, this is not a good solution, since others have the same problem.
> You should leave perl as is. Who sets
> LD_RUN_PATH="/export/apache2_dev/lib:/usr/lib"? I can't see us setting this
> value. Where does it come from? It must be ExtUtils::MakeMaker who does
> that, but where does it take these values from? especially
> "/export/apache2_dev/lib". Is it in your environment?

    Nothing in my environment.
    Yes, it must be ExtUtils::MakeMaker.
    The only place LD_RUN_PATH is set is in xs/APR/APR.

    It must be finding the -L/export/apache2_dev/lib in $libs
    (which it gets from apr-config) and setting LD_RUN_PATH
    appropriately (or so it thinks).

    -- Brad

--
   -- Brad Lanam      bll@gentoo.com