perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: [Patch mp2] PerlSections namespace
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2003 01:11:55 GMT
Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:

>>so maybe at startup it's not a bad idea after all :)
>

> So, does this mean that you don't have a specific objection against
> deprecating (or tossing) direct access to %Apache::ReadConfig:: in the
> future in favor of ->add_config("User foo") ?

The problem with add_config() is that it wants a string as if you've written
it in httpd.conf language. Taking an access to %Apache::ReadConfig:: away
takes away the ability to use perl structs to autovivify complex constructs.
e.g. how do you build a complex vhost with nested containers using add_config?

may be we could have an alternative method, accepting an SV (e.g. a hash ref
which represents a container) which perl will then convert to a string and
feed to add_config?