perl-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: [Patch mp2] PerlSections namespace
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2003 22:14:07 GMT

>> add_config() is equivalent to an .htaccess file - whatever overrides
>> govern
>> .htaccess files' ability to have directives inserted into the
>> configuration
>> will apply to add_config() as well.  that is very different from
>> ReadConfig's blind addition of directives into the config.
>

> I thought it was behaving differently when called at the server startup.
> In any case it's not pretty so it's not a good substitute...

looks like you're right.  I tried to whip up some examples at startup but I
couldn't find any.  I guess the failures I'm remembering were request time,
when I tried to inject "Requires valid-user" or something on-the-fly and was
denied by AllowOverride none.

so maybe at startup it's not a bad idea after all :)

--Geoff