perl-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <>
Subject Re: [Patch mp2] PerlSections namespace
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2003 20:51:07 GMT

>> well, as I said, add_config() can't accomplish the same thing.  in fact,
>> every time I've tried to use add_config() the way I want I haven't
>> been able
>> to.  not that it's not useful for some things, but it's not useful for
>> the
>> level of trickery that I'm used to being able to do with ReadConfig.
> What do you mean, it can't? It just feeds the config sections as if you
> have written them in httpd.conf. I fail to see how it fails.

add_config() is equivalent to an .htaccess file - whatever overrides govern
.htaccess files' ability to have directives inserted into the configuration
will apply to add_config() as well.  that is very different from
ReadConfig's blind addition of directives into the config.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message