perl-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <>
Subject Re: [Patch mp2] PerlSections namespace
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2003 19:51:41 GMT
> Am I
> correct to say that people don't need to work directly with
> Apache::ReadConfig? I think the only place this is needed when people
> mix config with non-config perl code in <Perl>, so that they need to
> switch 'package Apache::ReadConfig;' to start feeding things into the
> config.

no, you can also add entries directly to the Apache::ReadConfig namespace in
order to add configuration data.

package Apache::Foo;
$Apache::ReadConfig::PerlFixupHandler = "Apache::Foo";
sub handler { };

now, PerlModule Apache::Foo automatically installs a PerlFixupHandler :)
there are a few modules on CPAN that do this, IIRC.

it's similar to Apache->server->add_config() in mp2, but I've found that
method really not worth the trouble - it's goverened by overrides, so you
can never really trust that it will add the configuration data you pipe into it.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message