perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject [mp2] raising the default startup timeout
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2003 09:04:10 GMT
As our test suite grows it takes more and more time to start the server, the
worker mpm almost always fail to start within 60 secs on my machine (which is
pretty fast). And now we get reports from users who run prefork and it takes
68 secs to start.

So I'd suggest to make the default per server mpm and not one for all and go
with 120 secs for prefork and 180 worker/winnt. If it sometimes takes more
than 90 secs to start worker on my machine, I can see it hitting 3 minutes on
a slower machine.

Ideally there should be no timeout at all, if we could deterministically
detect a failure in the server startup, but we weren't quite successful at it
so far.