perl-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: modperl-2.0/xs/tables/current/ModPerl FunctionTable.pm
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2003 20:09:10 GMT

>>> Hmm, how come there are deprecated? This is from
>>> apr/include/apr_network_io.h APR_0_9_BRANCH
>>

>> you need to look at 1.0, of course.
>

> Why? httpd-2.0 runs with APR_0_9_BRANCH, not 1.0. Or doesn't it?

well, it does for the moment, yes.  but I've been cleaning things up so that
the perl interfaces to APR are 1.0 compliant.  that was the goal a few
months ago, IIRC.  it also keeps mod_perl compiling with 2.1, which I
thought we had agreed was a worthy goal so long as we could keep 2.0 running
at the same time.

since none of these changes affect our ability to interact with httpd 2.0, I
thought it was safe to remove them.  this all assumes that the APR::
interfaces are focused on 1.0 compatibility and not 0.9 (which was my
assumption).

>> MODULE=APR::SockAddr
>> !apr_sockaddr_info_get
>>
>> and I figured there was a reason for that (I didn't do it).
>

> May be it was disabled because the other functions (that you've now
> removed) gave that information already?

perhaps.  I'll look into whether that function can be opened up.

> In any case should we log that
> somewhere in todo lists till someone asks for it and we don't have to
> try to recall why it's not there?

it's pretty obvious why it's not there if you look at the maps, which I tend
to do all the time now.  but if you want to log it that's fine.

> It'd be also nice to add explanations in the map file, why certain
> functions are marked with '!'. Perhaps ask Doug?

you can if you like :)

--Geoff