perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: modperl-2.0/xs/tables/current/ModPerl FunctionTable.pm
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2003 20:07:41 GMT
Geoffrey Young wrote:

> Stas Bekman wrote:
>
>>geoff@apache.org wrote:
>>

>>>geoff       2003/12/08 11:31:53
>>>
>>>  Modified:    xs/APR/SockAddr APR__SockAddr.h
>>>               xs/maps  apr_functions.map
>>>               xs/tables/current/Apache FunctionTable.pm
>>>               xs/tables/current/ModPerl FunctionTable.pm
>>>  Log:
>>>  more APR deprecation: apr_sockaddr_port_get and apr_sockaddr_port_set
>>

>>Hmm, how come there are deprecated? This is from
>>apr/include/apr_network_io.h APR_0_9_BRANCH
>

> you need to look at 1.0, of course.

Why? httpd-2.0 runs with APR_0_9_BRANCH, not 1.0. Or doesn't it?

As you can see it was never deprecated, they just yanked the functions...

 > from CHANGES

>   *) The following deprecated interfaces have been removed:
>      apr_sockaddr_port_get        -> (access directly)
>      apr_sockaddr_port_set        -> apr_sockaddr_info_get
>

>>In any case, shouldn't these function be replaced with new equivalents
>>rather than being removed?
>

> apr_sockaddr_info_get is the replacement for a few things.  however, it's
> currently defined as
>
> MODULE=APR::SockAddr
> !apr_sockaddr_info_get
>
> and I figured there was a reason for that (I didn't do it).

May be it was disabled because the other functions (that you've now removed)
gave that information already? In any case should we log that somewhere in
todo lists till someone asks for it and we don't have to try to recall why
it's not there?

It'd be also nice to add explanations in the map file, why certain functions
are marked with '!'. Perhaps ask Doug?