perl-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: modperl-2.0/xs/tables/current/ModPerl FunctionTable.pm
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2003 19:50:32 GMT

Stas Bekman wrote:
> geoff@apache.org wrote:
>
>> geoff       2003/12/08 11:31:53
>>
>>   Modified:    xs/APR/SockAddr APR__SockAddr.h
>>                xs/maps  apr_functions.map
>>                xs/tables/current/Apache FunctionTable.pm
>>                xs/tables/current/ModPerl FunctionTable.pm
>>   Log:
>>   more APR deprecation: apr_sockaddr_port_get and apr_sockaddr_port_set
>

> Hmm, how come there are deprecated? This is from
> apr/include/apr_network_io.h APR_0_9_BRANCH

you need to look at 1.0, of course.  from CHANGES

  *) The following deprecated interfaces have been removed:
     apr_sockaddr_port_get        -> (access directly)
     apr_sockaddr_port_set        -> apr_sockaddr_info_get

> In any case, shouldn't these function be replaced with new equivalents
> rather than being removed?

apr_sockaddr_info_get is the replacement for a few things.  however, it's
currently defined as

MODULE=APR::SockAddr
!apr_sockaddr_info_get

and I figured there was a reason for that (I didn't do it).

--Geoff