perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <>
Subject Re: [MP2] failed to resolve handler `Apache::PerlSections'
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2003 18:17:30 GMT
Enrico Sorcinelli wrote:
> On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 17:16:38 -0800
> Stas Bekman <> wrote:
> Hi Stas,
>>>The problem seems to be as following: Apache::Status somehow
>>>autovivifies Apache::PerlSections stash, while Apache/
>>>wasn't loaded yet. That's why preloading Apache::PerlSections solves the
>>>problem. Our code does not attempt to load packages whose stashes exist,
>>>which is obviously wrong. I'll post a patch soonish. I think instead of
>>>checking for the stash, we need to check %INC.
>>It was a bit trickier than I thought, but now the code is even simpler to
>>follow. This should solve your problem Enrico. 'make test' pass 100% with this
> I've applied the patch (manually because 'patch' fails) to mp 1.9911
> (Perl 5.8.1): all tests pass and the problem seems to be solved.

Great, thanks for testing, Enrico. The patch may have failed as it was against
the cvs tree, not 1.9911.

> You will insert it into the current CVS or we should apply the patch
> each time (or we should be preload Apache::PerlSections)?

Watch this thread's resolution (which wasn't reached yet) and some sort of
solution will be applied.

> Many thanks! :-)

Stas Bekman            JAm_pH ------> Just Another mod_perl Hacker     mod_perl Guide --->

To unsubscribe, e-mail: