perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: [MP2] failed to resolve handler `Apache::PerlSections'
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2003 18:59:47 GMT
Enrico Sorcinelli wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> with this simple configuration (Apache 2.0.47 / mod_perl 1.9911):

>    LoadModule perl_module modules/mod_perl.so
>    PerlModule Apache2
>    PerlModule Apache::Status
>    <Perl >
>       use lib '/home/lib/perl';
>    </Perl>
>
> I've this error (the server doesn't start at all):
>
> [Thu Dec 04 14:14:31 2003] [error] failed to resolve handler `Apache::PerlSections'
> Syntax error on line 12 of /usr/local/apache-2.0.47/conf/mod_perl.conf:
> <Perl> handler Apache::PerlSections failed with status=500
>
> The same directives work fine with until mp2 1.9910.
>
> Moreover, if I comment "PerlModule Apache::Status" line or I move it after first
> <Perl ></Perl> section in httpd.conf file, the server starts.
>
> I don't think that this depend on Apache::Status because it's the same between
> 1.9910 and 19911.

Thank you Enrico for the report.

The problem seems to be as following: Apache::Status somehow autovivifies
Apache::PerlSections stash, while Apache/PerlSections.pm wasn't loaded yet.
That's why preloading Apache::PerlSections solves the problem. Our code does
not attempt to load packages whose stashes exist, which is obviously wrong.
I'll post a patch soonish. I think instead of checking for the stash, we need
to check %INC.