perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: BUG REPORT: modperl(dev) make fails at "`APR_SO_TIMEOUT' undeclared"
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2003 01:41:40 GMT
Stas Bekman wrote:
> Geoffrey Young wrote:
>
>>> geoff,
>>>
>>> fair enuf!
>>> (yeah, yeah -- RTFM ;-), altho for the life of me i can't find where it
>>> says run "make test" as non-root ...)
>>

>> it might not in the docs.  doing only install as root is considered by
>> many
>> to be a best practice.  I'll try to remember to add something in the
>> appropriate place tomorrow (and, as always, patches welcome :)
>

> Please don't. The test should work just fine under 'root'. It's not a
> documentation issue.

I just tested and it seems to work fine for me under 'root'. Notice that all
files under t are chowned to the user/group the server is running under
(not-root) before the tests are run.

I think I remember about a similar problem discussed on p5p

     # testing : $r->finfo->user()
     # expected: 4294967294
     # received: -2
     not ok 7
     # testing : $r->finfo->group()
     # expected: 4294967294
     # received: -2

Notice that the expected values are not very good. Here it is:
perl's t/op/stat failing on MacOSX.

Arthur resolves to:
   Seems like some bug in the UFS filesystem?
and more:

So p5p decided to skip these sub-tests if $Is_Darwin && $Is_UFS;

from t/op/stat.t:

$Is_Darwin  = $^O eq 'darwin';
$Is_UFS     = $Is_Darwin && (() = `df -t ufs .`) == 2;

and we also need to document that that finfo doesn't give a valid user/group
under Darwin/UFS.

Geoff, you are taking care of this?