perl-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: modperl-2.0/xs/tables/current/Apache ConstantsTable.pm FunctionTable.pm
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2003 18:17:46 GMT

>>   +        </IfModule>
>>   +
>>   +        # 2.1
>>   +        <IfModule mod_authz_host.c>
>>   +            <Proxy http://@servername@:@port@/*>
>>   +                Order Deny,Allow
>>   +                Deny from all
>>   +                Allow from @servername@
>>   +            </Proxy>
>>   +            ProxyRequests Off
>>   +            RewriteEngine On
>>   +
>>   +            ProxyPass    /TestFilter__both_str_req_proxy/ \
>>   +
>> http://@servername@:@port@/TestFilter__both_str_req_proxy_content/
>>   +            ProxyPassReverse /TestFilter__both_str_req_proxy/ \
>>   +
>> http://@servername@:@port@/TestFilter__both_str_req_proxy_content/
>>   +        </IfModule>
>>   +
>>        </IfModule>
>>           PerlModule TestFilter::both_str_req_proxy
>

> It'd be better to commit this separately, as it has nothing to do with
> the rest of the commit.

well, the goal for me was to get things working with 2.1.  before commit was
 not working, after commit was.

but yeah, I suppose some of it could have been separated out.

> I don't like the duplication that this auth thing creates. May be we
> should consider adding some magic to Apache-Test to use the right
> IfModule depending on the used httpd version used.

I guess.  magic makes things wierd, though - magically turning mod_access.c
to mod_authz_host might just be confusing.

>>   - apr_uri_default_port_for_scheme
>>   + apr_uri_port_of_scheme
>

> You replaced apr_uri_default_port_for_scheme with
> apr_uri_port_of_scheme, but logged only that the former was deleted.

actually, I'm not sure exactly what the above bit of magic does.  when I
inadvertnetly added apr_uri_port_of_scheme to the function table it was
generated twice (because it was in the function table twice).  so it may
have always been there.  I didn't check.

> Also most users have no idea what APR_NO_TIMEOUT is (Changes is a user
> log, right?) so I think it's better to s/APR_NO_TIMEOUT/APR::NO_TIMEOUT/

ok

> What about these two:
>
> xs/tables/current/Apache/FunctionTable.pm:    'name' =>
> 'apr_socket_opt_get',
> xs/tables/current/Apache/FunctionTable.pm:    'name' =>
> 'apr_socket_opt_set',
>
> shouldn't these be removed as well?

yes, good catch.

--Geoff