perl-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] mod_perl-1.99_11 RC1
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2003 17:11:57 GMT

> The code which figured out where the installed apache 2 config files are
> located used to work flawlessly in 1.99_10. Now I get a:
> 	*** configuration file /etc/apache2/conf/modules.d/*.conf does not exist
> fairly early in the configuration process.

ok, that's just a warning.  I assume that is the target of an Include
directive in your default httpd.conf?

what's happening here is that Apache-Test is parsing your existing
httpd.conf in order to configure itself (such as the location of whatever
DSO files you may have).  the behavior hasn't changed since 1.99_10 but it
now emits a warning if it can't properly resolve a target file, and the
parsing engine isn't smart enough to know to shell-expand wildcards.

so, you should be ok with your install - go ahead a try and report back if
it doesn't work.

if you're interested, you can also try

$ export APACHE_TEST_TRACE_LEVEL=debug
$ make realclean
$ perl Makefile.PL ...

and see what directive it's being tripped up on (though it should be farily
obvious if you look at your httpd.conf).

--Geoff