perl-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: modperl-2.0/lib/ModPerl TestRun.pm
Date Sat, 08 Nov 2003 23:50:25 GMT
  but I kinda thought the delayed eval made it a bit
>> neater - that's the added value :)
>

> Delayed eval? I fail to see where the delay is coming from? You run eval
> {} in generate_script,

don't take delay too literally.  it was just a bad choice of words on my
part - we both know what the code is doing :)

> so why not just run it in Makefile.PL and pass
> the result?

because that's messy and not really what people want from an API.

> I think with the proposed patch these 2 things do exactly
> the same thing at exactly (well almost) the same time:
>
> generate_script(bugreport => \&My::Foo::bugreport);
> generate_script(bugreport => My::Foo::bugreport());

sure, you can run the second form as well.

as I said I don't really care, so I'll just take the cv logic out.

--Geoff