perl-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: how to turn on taint checking
Date Sat, 08 Nov 2003 04:23:54 GMT

>> http://search.cpan.org/~phoenix/Taint-0.09/Taint.pm
>>
>> is the one I'm familar with - pure perl and different than the one
>> from dan.
>

> Ah, that's cool. But as I said that 0.09 fails a bunch of tests for me.

I get the same failures.  I'm not a Test::Harness expert, but it looks like
lots of the failures are coming from printed warnings - since the module
hasn't been updated in quite a long time, the warnings are probably new.

at any rate, the failing tests seem to be for the taint() trickery -
tainted() is a rather simple function and has always seemed to work for me
(under limited circumstances).

fwiw, anyway :)

--Geoff