perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: [mp2] /dev/null on Win32
Date Sat, 08 Nov 2003 02:24:20 GMT
Geoffrey Young wrote:

>> This won't affect mp2, since we already require 5.6.0, but for
>> standalone installs it'll fetch the newer version.
>>
>> So add PREREQ_PM and +1 to commit.
>>

> I didn't see this in the commit email, so I'm guessing it didn't make it
> to the release candidate.

Nope, Randy committed it last night. So the release candidate should include it:

grep -Ir devnull Apache-Test/lib/
Apache-Test/lib/Apache/TestConfig.pm:                             catdir
file_name_is_absolute devnull);
Apache-Test/lib/Apache/TestConfig.pm:    my $devnull = devnull();
Apache-Test/lib/Apache/TestConfig.pm:    my $val = qx($self->{APXS} -q $q
2>$devnull);

> I'm ok with this going in over the weekend, since it doesn't affect core
> logic of the suite.
>
> after the release, if anyone wants to take a massive swipe at A-T and
> make it all File::Spec compliant, that would be awesome - there are lots
> of places in there where we ought to be calling catfile or using things
> like updir (IIRC, that is :)

and where it ought to be calling catdir instead of catfile ;)