perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: [mp2] /dev/null on Win32
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2003 08:30:34 GMT
Randy Kobes wrote:
> Hi,
>   There's a couple of places where /dev/null is used
> which, on Win32, will fail if a directory /dev isn't
> present. This diff:
[...]
> uses devnull() of File::Spec to specify something that
> will work in general on Win32 (just a file called "null").

That's cool, Randy. There is only one problem. the function devnull() wasn't
available in older File::Spec releases. I can see it in the core of 5.6.0, but
not 5.005_03 (and we need to support 5.005 in A-T). Therefore you also need to
patch Apache-Test/Makefile.PL to require (via PREREQ_PM)

   File::Spec =>'0.8';

This won't affect mp2, since we already require 5.6.0, but for standalone
installs it'll fetch the newer version.

So add PREREQ_PM and +1 to commit.