perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject controlling the timeout of server start in Apache-Test
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2003 19:43:16 GMT
The thing that triggered my recent post about the ridiculously slow perl_clone
is that my smoke tests almost always fail to run the worker mpm, if my machine
is busy running some other heavy tasks at the same moment. 60 secs is just not
enough to start the worker server's test suite under utilized CPU (with an
absolutely free CPU it takes about 30 secs to start). I'm not sure we want to
keep on changing the hardcoded limit of 60 secs, I was thinking maybe to add a
new option which I can use to test worker mpm builds.