perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: [mp2] MP_HAVE_APR_LIBS?
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2003 09:06:36 GMT
Randy Kobes wrote:
> Hi,
>     It'll probably be obvious, but I've been trying to see
> how MP_HAVE_APR_LIBS gets defined for use in xs/APR/APR.xs,
> in order to see if a working version can be done for Win32.
> Could someone point me in the general direction? Thanks.

It happens in top-level Makefile.PL:

sub get_DEFINE {

     my $opt_define = '';

     # do we have apr libs?
     # XXX: this define is really needed in xs/APR/APR/Makefile.PL, but this
     # top-level Makefile.PL overrides MY::pasthru, and defines DEFINE= which
     # overrides any local definition, not sure what's the right fix, for
     # now just define it here (should it define PASTHRU_DEFINE instead?)
     if (my $apr_bindir = $build->apr_bindir()) {
         my @apr_libs = grep $_, map { -x $_ && qx{$_ --link-ld} }
             map { qq{$apr_bindir/$_-config} } qw(apr apu);
         $opt_define = '-DMP_HAVE_APR_LIBS' if @apr_libs;
     }

if you know how to improve it and move the definition to
xs/APR/APR/Makefile.PL that would be very useful. I'm not fancying fighting
with MM again ;)