perl-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Holsman <li...@holsman.net>
Subject Re: OS/X 10.3 & mp2
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2003 01:53:44 GMT
Geoffrey Young wrote:

> Ian Holsman wrote:
>
>> Hi.
>> I just upgraded to panther on my desktop box (which 'upgraded' my perl
>> to apples default one) and while using the latest CVS release of
>> apache2.1 & mp2 I am getting alot of errors.

> so, if anyone wants to donate a few panther boxes to the effort, feel
> free - it would definitely help us stabalize mp2 on that front :)

there are some os/x boxes lurking in the ASF world.. post a note to
infrastructure@ about it... you should be able to get an account on one..

>> has anyone seen this, and would changing to the standard perl release?
>

> I'm not sure about the changes between panther's RC3 and the official
> 5.8.1, but the latter worked with 1.99_10 so CVS shouldn't be a
> problem.  I also haven't seen any issues with Apache 2.1, so I wouldn't
> worry about that.
>
> if you could, please try this (after removing t/logs/error_log)
>
> $ t/TEST t/modperl/status.t -v -preamble "PerlTrace all"

Ian-Holsmans-Computer:/usr/local/src/modperl-2.0 ianh$ t/TEST
t/modperl/status.t -v -preamble "PerlTrace all" > ~/Desktop/mp2.txt
*** setting ulimit to allow core files
ulimit -c unlimited; t/TEST 't/modperl/status.t' -v -preamble 'PerlTrace
all'
Syntax error on line 43 of /usr/local/src/modperl-2.0/t/conf/httpd.conf:
Invalid command 'PerlTrace', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module
not included in the server configuration
!!! server failed to start! (t/logs/error_log wasn't created, start the
server in the debug mode)

the only thing I can think of is that a existing mod-perl(1.26)/old perl
install is messing with this test