perl-dev mailing list archives

From Rafael Garcia-Suarez <raphel.garcia-sua...@hexaflux.com>
Subject Re: [mp2] support of the perl 5.9.x dev track
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2003 09:16:45 GMT
Stas Bekman wrote:

> Rafael Garcia-Suarez wrote:
> >
> > In which way the support for 5.9.0 is different from the support
> > for 5.8.1 ?
>
> 5.9.0 == 5.8.2-RC1 hashing-wise. meaning that we need to support a whole bunch
> of special cases, which don't exist anywhere else. We certainly can do that,
> but it's just a lot of mess. I wish Hugo didn't rush to get 5.9.0 before 5.8.2
> was ready. Now 5.9.0 is somewhat between 5.8.1 and 5.8.2.

Yes, you're right.

I wish Hugo released 5.9.0 just after 5.8.1, or with backing out temporarily
all changes since 5.8.1.

> > (I know at least one person who is considering at least semi-seriously
> > running 5.9.0 + mp1 in production :-p)
>
> well, please tell me if we should provide a support for it.

I was mentioning mp1. AFAIK it's fine. Oh, after all, just drop the bloody
support for 5.9.0 if it's making things too complex.

> blead yes, I didn't suggest not to support blead, I meant to suggest not to
> support particular blead releases but just the head ;)
>
> BTW, just finishing smoking 5.6.2 plays very nice with both mod_perl generations.

I'm glad to hear that. I'll have to find tuits to finish 5.6.2, but
isn't the planet already overloaded those days with new perl releases ?