perl-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>
Subject Re: t/SMOKE on win32
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2003 18:23:42 GMT
On Wed, 1 Oct 2003, Stas Bekman wrote:

> Randy Kobes wrote:
[ ... ]
> > And that does seem to work! A diff appears below (not tested
> > on linux) - in this, I also added a change to TestServer.pm
> > to print out a message on Win32 when shutting down the
> > server, as that's expected when checking that the server
> > successfully shut down in TestSmoke.pm.
>
> Great, Randy, +1 to commit, but please drop
>
> > +        print $log;
>
> in 3 places. If you want a verbose output run with -verbose.

I haven't tested this on unix, but without the
   print $log;
statements what would happen is that there would be no
output to the terminal screen at all until the smoking was
completed. I thought it was nice to see at least the
progress - which test was currently running, etc. And isn't
"verbose" different, in that it will include the results of
running the subtests within each test?

--
best regards,
randy