perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: early perl startup in vhost on win32
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2003 06:11:56 GMT
Steve, Randy, please try the current cvs (just cvs up + make, no need to
rebuild from scratch). I have finally been able to solve the segfault with the
short config Steve presented. I hope that it solves the problem for you as
well. If it does, please try again with the vhost patch that was failing before.

I moved quite a few things in mod_perl.c, but the only real change was adding:

   +#ifdef USE_ITHREADS
   +    /* after other parent perls were started in vhosts, make sure that
   +     * the context is set to the base_perl */
   +    PERL_SET_CONTEXT(base_perl);
   +#endif

after setting up vhosts, without which, PerlLoadModule in the main server was
segfaulting for me.