perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <>
Subject Re: [MP2] problem with command line args to perl Makefile.PL (includes patch)
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2003 18:28:37 GMT
Andrew Wyllie wrote:

> Ok, here it is again with no tabs and 4 space indents (and a couple of
> other tweaks.

Thanks Andrew, I did a few more tweaks and committed it.

> Is there any preferred way of send the patch  - like as an attachment?
> I just cut and pasted it below.

Normally we prefer it inlined so it's easier to review and comment on specific
parts of the patch. Only when the patch includes tabs (which is only the case
with patches to code that generate Makefiles) inlining and attaching is
needed, so that tabs won't be lost during copy-n-paste rendering the patch broken.

Stas Bekman            JAm_pH ------> Just Another mod_perl Hacker     mod_perl Guide --->

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message