perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: [MP2] problem with command line args to perl Makefile.PL (includes patch)
Date Mon, 06 Oct 2003 18:43:55 GMT
Andrew Wyllie wrote:
> (I'm resending this as I did not see it go through the first time)
>

> I was running into a problem trying to build MP2 with a name other
> than mod_perl.so.  After poking around for a while I found that the
> MP_LIBNAME arg on the command line was not replacing the default
> value of mod_perl.so, but just appending it.  So if I specify something
> like:
>
>         perl Makefile.pl MP_LIBNAME=mod_perl-2.0_cvs
>
> I get back something like:
>
>         mod_perl dso library will be built as mod_perl mod_perl_1.99.10.so
>         mod_perl static library will be built as mod_perl mod_perl_1.99.10.a
>
> Anyway, I patched lib/ModPerl/BuildOptions.pm so that you can tell the script
> whether you want to append the command line arg or replace it.  The patch is
> included here, but someone should check to make sure that the options I have
> selected as appendable/replaceable are in fact such.

Looks like your choice is good. And thanks for the patch, Andrew. Do you mind
to cleanup up the patch to conform with our style guide (no tabs, indent 4,
and a few other small bits):
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/devel/core/coding_style.html#Coding_Style_Guide

If not, I'll do that a bit later and commit it.