perl-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: RE : [mp2] PERLIO_K_RAW in apr_perlio.c
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2003 06:11:09 GMT
Randy Kobes wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Oct 2003, Randy Kobes wrote:
>

>>Here's a revised set of tests, using Geoff's implementation
>>of Apache::CRLF. This also addresses a couple of earlier
>>comments of Stas - the files used for comparison are now
>>assumed to be found as t/htdocs/perlio/http.pod and
>>t/htdocs/perlio/http_cycle.png.
>
> [ ... ]
> Sorry - I forgot - httpd.pod and http_cycle.png are in
> the mp2 cvs sources under docs/user/handlers/. If these
> files are OK to use, I'll add them to t/htdocs/perlio/
> in cvs. This will mean adding perlio/ to cvs, if that's
> an issue?

adding t/htdocs/perlio to cvs is fine.

adding http.pod and http_cycle.png is not such a good idea. The problem is
that someone will try to read/use them for other reasons and chances are that
both will be very out of date 6 months from now. Therefore if you can use a
file with your favorite poetry or prose for .pod (call it .txt then) and small
png of a flower that would be much much better. Also it'd be nice to add not
too big files, as the source distribution is already quite big and growing. Of
course this is different if a big input is needed for the test. You can use
http://www.google.ca/imghp to find images if you don't have your own ;)