perl-dev mailing list archives

From "Ayhan Ulusoy" <ay...@drexel.edu>
Subject RE : RE : [mp2] PERLIO_K_RAW in apr_perlio.c
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2003 18:12:45 GMT

Yupp. It is probably better to stick close to the way httpd does things.

Besides, that VMS behaviour must be a real buggy one if it is the way
that snippet suggests  :)

Cheers,

Ayhan

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Geoffrey Young [mailto:geoff@modperlcookbook.org]
Envoyé : mercredi 1 octobre 2003 00:59
À : Ayhan Ulusoy
Cc : dev@perl.apache.org
Objet : Re: RE : [mp2] PERLIO_K_RAW in apr_perlio.c

> # Define the CRLF sequence.  I can't use a simple "\r\n" because the
> meaning
> # of "\n" is different on different OS's (sometimes it generates CRLF,
> sometimes LF
> # and sometimes CR).  The most popular VMS web server
> # doesn't accept CRLF -- instead it wants a LR.  EBCDIC machines don't
> # use ASCII, so \015\012 means something different.  I find this all
> # really annoying.

randy and I have discussed this before, IIRC...

while apache itself makes the distinction between ascii and ebcdic, it
does
not distinguish between vms and the rest of ascii land.

I say we punt just follow the lead of httpd, exporting their constants.

patch attached.  I'll clean up the test tomorrow if people like the
idea.
--Geoff