perl-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: [mp2 Patch] ModPerl::Util::undef(coderef)
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2003 11:31:15 GMT

Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:
> Following the discussion on Apache::Reload and Apache::Symbol, I've
> taken out Apache::Symbol::undef from mp1, massaged it a bit and made it
> into ModPerl::Util::undef for mod_perl 2.

is this really required anymore?

Apache::Symbol::undef is there explicitly to keep our valid redefines from
throwing mandatory errors, but the mandatory error behavior was removed by
5.6 - it's now covered separately through the warnings pragma and can be
turned off via $^W=0.

see

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-modperl&m=96599355325073&w=2

I was only able to find a snippet of Doug's original comments wrt 2.0 - it
seems that none of the dev@ archives are complete that far back.  but see
the very bottom of

http://mathforum.org/epigone/modperl-dev/chalcrungwex/A14A9ADE3BEAD311AF95009027B6FBE02B864E@corpex.laserlink.net

for his quoted thoughts.