perl-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Hay <steve....@uk.radan.com>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Apache::Reload Module]
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2003 08:35:50 GMT
Hi Stas,

Stas Bekman wrote:

> Steve Hay wrote:
>
>> Hi Philippe,
>>
>> Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:

>>> Can you instead look at this patch:
>>> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-modperl-dev&m=105591352209314&w=2

>>> And integrate that into an mod_perl 1 & 2 Apache::Reload instead? I
>>> would rather not have to maintain 2 ever so slightly different versions
>>> of Apache::Reload if that can be avoided.
>>>
>> Done. Attached.
>

> If this is useful in other places we can add it to ModPerl::Util::
> perhaps we should make further subclassing of that namespace.

I agree.  ModPerl::RegistryCooker looks like it could use it for a start
(in place of its flush_namespace_normal() function).

>> +use B;
>> +use Devel::Symdump;
>

> Hmm, do these available for perl 5.005_03? Have you tested with that
> perl version? mp1 has to support perl 5.005_03 I think. Or was it 5.004?

 From mp1.27's Makefile.PL:

if ($Is_Win32) {
    require 5.004_02;
} elsif ($Is_Cygwin) {
    require 5.005_03;
} else {
    require 5.003_97;
}

Devel::Symdump says "use 5.003;" and is a standalone CPAN module (not a
core module), so no problem there.

The B module, however, is a core module, not distributed separately on
CPAN.  The perl5005delta manpage lists it as a "New Module", so
hopefully we'll be OK back to 5.005_03, though it does still need
testing, of course.  Would it hurt to increase mp1's minimum requirement
to 5.005_03 for all OS's?

Steve