perl-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Hay <steve....@uk.radan.com>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Apache::Reload Module]
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2003 09:19:00 GMT
Hi Philippe,

Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:

>Here is some code I've ripped from an in-house Apache::Reload
>equivalent... It's a bit convoluted, but does work quite nicely.

Thanks for the code -- it looks excellent to me.

I've attached a patch for Apache::Reload that makes use of your code to
achieve what I'm after.  The patch is against the Apache::Reload
currently in mp2 cvs.  Things to note:

1. I've removed Apache::ServerUtil and Apache::RequestUtil -- they
didn't seem to be being used.
2. I've removed the ConstantRedefineWarnings option because your code
makes use of Apache::Symbol::undef() which avoids those warnings anyway.
3. I've removed the part of your code that skipped removing top-level
packages -- I (perhaps unwisely) use such names a lot!

If this is going to be put into mp2 (which I certainly hope it is) then
Apache::Symbol will need to be put back too since your code relies on it.

I've also attached a patch that will produce a mp1-compatible version of
the same:  Start with the current cvs mp2 Apache::Reload and apply the
main patch to it, then apply the "for_mp1" patch to that.

I've quickly tested this mp1-compatible version, and it seems to be
working so far: no "subroutine redefined" warnings are being produced
(not even for constant subroutines), and imported subroutines are not
being mistakenly undefined.  I hope this can be added to mp1.28 (which
already has Apache::Symbol, of course).

Steve